Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Fallen

[Day Eight]

Today's inspiration is about light, how we setup our shots and kim's vintage red gradient.  I haven't taken any photos for a few days and mention this to my husband, since today's weather was glorious [but ended in a storm], we went to our local park [my usual photography haunt] for a stroll, while I get down low and up close to al the gorgeous flowers, my husband and daughter found shady spots to wait patiently for me [note to self: do your photo walks solo next time].  Anyway back to what's at hand, on the way back to the car I collected a pine cone, which are always so photogenic, here is the result ~


Mouse over to see original image.

The boring bits ~

Layer 1 ~ "kimklassenlove" @ 50% softlight mode.
Layer 2 ~ "kk_scriptededges" @ 100% screen mode.
Layer 3 ~ "kk vintagered gradient" @50% normal mode.
Layer 4 ~ "the fallen" using "Remington Noiseless"in white & "Little Bliss Bold" for "ll" in black then used softlight mode.
Layer 5 ~ my watermark in black @30% normal mode.


This is my usual setup when I want a white finish with loads of awesome back light ~

This is my back door leading down to my garden, the wood panels you see outside used
to be just varnished so was quite dark.  After years of neglect it needed a coat of new
 paint so my husband gave it some tlc and a coat of white paint, to my delight.


Today's outtake ~ I tried a bit of macro, as the textures and different angles should make an interesting shot, so here it is ~




•    •    •

3 comments:

  1. The white door works perfect for the background. All those lovely textures soften it right up! Pine cones are beautiful and amazingly they all are a bit different when you really look at them. Love seeing the set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    I enjoyed reading your post and seeing how you processed the lovely conifer image. Cute idea to combine fonts for a visual effect. Your setup is great! I have been experimenting with different light sources and setups...even my white clothes dryer as a surface, which has a nice light overhead. Thanks for sharing your blog!

    Sue from New Bern

    ReplyDelete